Friday, May 31, 2013

Faith

"Did you know that the people who usually are the strongest are the most sensitive? Did you know that the people who exhibit the most kindness are usually the first to be mistreated? Did you know that the one who takes care of others all the time is usually the one who needs care the most? Did you know that the 3 hardest things to say are; I love you, I am sorry and Help me?"... -Author unknown

I'm not sure how to write this blog but what's on my mind is seeing the unknown. There are things we know, things we know we don't know and things we don't know we don't know. The things we don't know we don't know (we'll call it the "unknown") are what we need to be careful with. I think some people can't handle the unknown and the fact that they will never really know while here on earth.

I've had these thoughts after a friend so nonchalantly blasts Christianity. He seems like an intelligent person and the only conclusion I can come to about his bias closed mind view of Christianity is that he can't understand it. He won't allow himself to believe in something he can't prove, he can't have faith in someone he's never met. I can understand how this might be hard for him but I guess I'm stumped to why someone so intelligent can't figure out to at least respect other's views instead of making obvious side remarks which he thinks will go unnoticed. It must annoy him, knowing there are people who believe in something he cannot, it seems like a hatred is built from this. He's so open to all other religions and things against God's Word yet when it comes to God he hates Him and everyone whom believes in Him are just obviously whacked in the head...

This kind of rationale tells me that there's something wrong with him, something he's holding back or desiring to know. You can have all the good things of this earth but when it comes time to leave everything will turn to dust. How do people find it easier to believe in nothing rather than a loving and caring God that want's us to be with Him after life here?

This reminds me of the post I made a few days ago about people being different and not knowing they're different. If someone is an atheist yet they've never experienced a relationship with God or the Holy Spirit, they will never know they're unbelievers, until it's too late. If The Bible and God turns out to be a total sham I will die just as everyone and I will have lost nothing. This way of thinking shouldn't be a motivator to be more open minded to Christianity but it should at least make you rethink your position if you're against Christ. Humans (including myself :oP) are terrible examples of Christ. We try but we routinely fail. Don't base your opinion of God on what others have done or are doing. That's like thinking all Muslims are suicide bombers just because a few do it. First get a relationship with God to experience it for yourself before jumping to conclusions. This friend of mine is intelligent but he's going overlook the biggest opportunity of his life if he's not careful...

Sometimes I feel like a hypocrite when writing my feelings pertaining to God, I just have to realize that I'll never be perfect and I should still try to spread the Word of what I think is right.

This post also relates to the recent posting of finding the opposites within each other. See a person with an "open mind" yet within them parts are so very closed... To think my mind isn't open since I believe in God and to choose not accept some things of this world, would be a close-minded decision on your part, you have no idea how I came to my ultimate opinions in believing what God wants for us is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment