Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 - Another Year Gone

2012 has flown by! Seems like it was only a few days ago that I started my new job working in I.T. as a Network Analyst. I was so unaware of what to expect, especially since this was a field I dreamed about getting into and didn't have any experience. It's amazing how much I have learned and accomplished in just this year. I thank God for putting my life on a better path than what it was on in 2011.

So I don't want to make this a post about a New Year's Resolution but that's what it's probably going to turn into... If we don't make ourselves goals though then what do we have to work toward? In 2013 I hope to own a home! I've been looking online a lot lately at various websites and right now am thinking of living near the Lutz area. I'm afraid of the center of Pasco and Hernando having issues with Sinkholes so I figure it might be best to live outside the counties or at least on the outskirts of them. Then I also want to lose weight, typical I know but I've gained probably all my weight back after starting the new job and in order to be on track for a few life goals by 30 I need to have a significant amount of weight off in 2013. After Christmas of this yeah I came down with your standard type of head cold and although it might sound strange it gave me some insight to myself. During the time of being sick I could not taste or smell, this is usually standard for my colds. I realized, even though I couldn't taste I was still going for the Christmas left over sweets. I guess I thought I was just craving the taste of things or perhaps didn't eat healthy because of the taste but I'm wondering now if that's true. Why did I continue eating junk food when I knew I couldn't taste it. The ultimate question which also relates to many other things I need to fix in my life is,  Why can't I control my mind? Any random thought about myself that comes into my mind automatically gets processed and acted upon, there's no filtering of thoughts being done. I know this problem has existed now for a few years but perhaps this year will be the year I conquer it.

Now for the tangible list of goals this year:
  • Workout at least 4 times a week, aim for 5
  • Motivate myself to stick with a workout routine, without a trainer!
  • Weigh 230LBs or less
  • Own a home
  • Become a Cisco Certified Networking Professional
  • Start my studies with WGU for a Bachelor's in Network Security
I really hope when 2014 comes around I can check everything off on this list! That's all for now, I hope you too complete all of your goals for the new year ahead! Happy New Year!  -Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment