Thursday, April 26, 2018

The dieting secret and why I failed

I'm officially down 100lbs! I want to look back at previous blogs about weight oss and read my notes! I'm so glad I'm in better health and clothes are fitting easier! A few things that are different. not having to deal with swelling legs at night time, I don't feel tired around 2pm every day at work, just the general bloated feeling i felt all the time is nice to be rid of!

So about the subject line of this blog, the diet secret. I was watching My 600lb life today and there was a lady on it named Melissa Morris that I believe was one of the first participates of the show and one of Dr. Nowzaradan's first super obese patients to receive a stomach reduction surgery, sorry I don't have the exact scientific terms for you, you can google it if you'd like. First of all, Melissa is a huge inspiration to me and here's why:

She persists! She lost 400+ pounds and changed her life completely around. She had 3 children and went through a divorce. She gained a little over 100 back from the pregnancies but she isn't letting that weight get her down to where she falls completely back into bad habits. She actively trying to correct the problem and get her weight back down. Dr. Now mentioned a quote by Mark Twain that I can't find right now but went something like, You can quit an addiction 100 times but the real test to having over come it is by not picking it back up again. Weightloss will be a life long battle and it'll require constant monitoring and control. Melissa wasn't afraid to show she had gained more weight and let the world see that weightloss isn't always a permanent thing, whether done naturally or surgically, weightloss requires a change of habits.

During this episode Melissa kept referring to her problem being in her head, which I agree completely with. Weightloss doesn't start in the gym, it's going to first start in your head. You have to change your habits and the way you think about your life, you just have to or it's not going to be a solution you can maintain for a lifetime.

During the course of my life and dealing with my weight I think at times I was hoping someone could fix that mental aspect for me or at least tell me what to do to change. No one has been able to tell me yet on how to get your mind straight for losing weight but I think the secret is, at least from my experience is STAY OUT OF YOUR HEAD. Whenever I'm in my head I usually get depressed about life which leads me to just not caring about anything and eating because it stimulates part of my brain that feels happy. Being in my head makes me think I'm tired when in reality I could go do the exercise. Being in your head all the time is detrimental and I believe most of my problem with weight and even other issues like my stuttering/blocking.

Another dieting secret, exercise isn't needed but it will assist you in losing weight and strengthen your body. I think for the times in the past when I attempted a calorie deficit way of eating along with exercise it was just setting myself up for disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment