Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11 - 10 Years Past

It's been a while since I've posted a blog. I haven't forgotten or hadn't had time, just been mulling over ideas of what I want to post. Sometimes I wonder if I really want to open up to everyone and expose myself to anyone reading. I guess I continue because I've decided that I don't give a crap of what people think of me. If people don't like it then stop reading, it's simple.

So I woke up pretty early this morning, earlier than I intended to for a day off... I am glad to be given another day though. Today is September 11th 2011, 10 years since the attacks on America. I get teary eyed seeing those families mourn their loved ones, and anger when thinking of the people that did this and can't help myself but to look at conspiracy videos on Youtube that question if the government had any part in this. The questions and evidence they raise only brings one to question it. I don't think it's un-American to question because I honestly don't trust this government. Questioning if the government had a role does not disrespect those lost, or the service men and woman that gave their lives. It only signals my deep desire rooted in my heart to make sure that those ALL who had a part in the attack pay for what they did with their lives. The death of Osama was an accomplishment but still leaves a feeling that there are more people accountable whom are still alive.

Every anniversary of 9/11 makes me feel an assortment of feelings, mostly that I haven't gotten my personal feeling of satisfaction for revenge. I guess it's a feeling that lingers with all Americans whom experience a tragedy like this one or any of the wars America has been through. The terrorists thought they'd put a crack in America but instead only made us stronger as a nation. I do question if they succeeded in damaging our economy... Not something anyone wants to admit but because of this war, the economy has suffered. We will rebuild and eventually be financially strong again.

You know 9/11 was a defining moment, it hasn't damaged America as a nation but I believe did significantly put America on a different route pre-9/11. I am leaving for now but perhaps I will come back to this conversation at a later time.

No comments:

Post a Comment