Friday, May 6, 2011

When Life Gives You Lemons, Make Lemonade!

Yeah so it's been a while! You know something, when you're at a pleasant peak in your life and start sailing smoothly, there will always be something to throw a wrench in it! These wrenches are the things that test us, and make us stronger. I've been losing weight a a very nice pace and doing great with the tracking of what I'm eating and controlling my diet and working out 5 times a week! Well for the past 2 weeks I've been dealing with one wrench after another it seems. What's been going on isn't why I'm here writing, I'm here writing to remind myself that eliminating these wrenches from my life is what my actual journey is all about.

I was thinking to myself, I am so exhausted of spending so much of my time on other people, when they seem to think so little of me. I go out of my way to help people and yet they don't even show appreciation or seem like they actually wanted the help. They want the help, but they want someone else to do everything for them. I just have to remind myself that when this life is over I'll be judged for my good deeds. From now on I will start to not expect credit for anything, and I will not wish for anything in return for my good deeds. I never did expect much in return for when I inconvenience myself, but I did expect a thank you, or maybe for the person to at least remember me, some sort of sign that they appreciated me! I didn't think that was asking for much (BUT IT HAS BEEN) but it's something I expected and from now on I won't even expect that. I'll continue doing what I do and only think of my rewards I'll receive in the next life.

No longer will I worry about what or how I do something, I will only be concerned on if I did my best. If I do my best than that's all that mattered. If someone else can do better, get them to do it! I'm not going to feel like my work isn't good enough to at least get reimbursed for the time or money I spent to help you. I'm done thinking that way!

The moral of this blog, when life gives you lemons, make lemonade! When people give you nothing but $h!t all the time, continue churning out something beautiful and something you're proud and positive about! In the end it's not about what other's thought, it's about what you did.

P.S. For all the selfish people out there left standing with lemons in their arms, staring like a deer in the headlights, may the acid from my freshly squeezed lemonade splash you in the eyes! :o)) I don't hate, but I also won't tolerate...

No comments:

Post a Comment